What to do if you have a Bump
- Think clearly and stay calm; if unharmed attend to injured people immediately.
- Phone ambulance and/or police if required.
- Note registration numbers, makes & types of all vehicles.
- Take driver’s names, addresses and licence numbers.
- Collect insurance company details.
- Do not admit liability.
- Collect details of one or two independent witnesses.
- If the accident is over $2500 in damage, incident must be reported to Police (Even if it is after all parties have exchanged details and left the scene).
- Remember to supply your details to other parties.
- Write a brief, yet concise description of the accident.
Then call us on 3268 4900 or After Hours (Wilsons Towing at WIL-TOW ) on 1800 945 869, if your vehicle is unable to be driven, insist on having it towed to The Bump Shop. Do not drive a vehicle that is not road worthy.
If your vehicle is drivable, please call us 3268 4900 and bring it to The Bump Shop for a detailed quotation. We will make sure you are OK, offer you a cuppa or chilled water in our air-conditioned waiting room and then endeavour to get you back on the road as quickly as possible. We can help you to fill out forms (available from our office), contact insurance companies and arrange for insurance assessors to inspect your vehicle.
Just wanted to thank you for the great job you did on fixing my car - thanks also for ensuring that I was able to pick it up yesterday. I appreciate your help.
Cameron P - Paddington